9 Skincare Essentials For Your Anti-Aging Routine
Have you ever wondered what age you should start using anti-aging products? Dermatologists agree it should be in your early 20s! This is when your skin starts to lose its collagen content and the aging process begins. Scary, right?
Now that you know you should probably get on the anti-aging bandwagon in some way, where should you begin? Just by Googling anti-aging products, you are immediately overwhelmed with countless products promising the fountain of youth and turning back the clock.
Unfortunately, dermatologists also agree this is just not feasible. You can, however, protect your skin and slow the process through regular skincare, along with healthy lifestyle habits, so that you are looking younger than your years as you age gracefully.
Let’s look at the essential parts of your anti-aging routine.
1. Sun protection - Prevention is the number one step! Look after the integrity of your skin with the use of a broad-spectrum sunscreen, a broad-brimmed hat and protective clothing layers. Trust us, there is nothing healthy about a tan!
2. Let’s dive into your skincare routine. Cleansing is essential, and as your skin ages, the oil content in your skin (your skin’s natural hydration) is decreasing, so consider swapping to an oil cleanser if you don’t use one already. Our Next Level Cleansing Oil, part of our Nourishing Trio, is a nutrient-enriched organic oil designed to gently cleanse impurities while restoring hydration and balance to dry and sensitive skin.
3. Weekly exfoliation - Reveal fresh, new skin underneath with a regular exfoliation routine - at least twice a week. This will stimulate your skin cells to turnover at a faster rate, lessening the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines and brightening your overall complexion.
Make sure you select a gentle chemical cleanser, rather than a heavy physical exfoliation, which can further damage sensitive, fragile skin.
Try the UnMask Detoxifying Superfood Mask, part of our Nourishing Routine, which not only gently exfoliates your skin to dramatically improve the appearance of age spots and fine lines, but provides an instant boost of hydration to give you smooth, soft skin.
4. A serum is an essential part of an anti-aging routine - their ability to target specific issues is crucial. For example, the Dream Serum L’orange - Our highest strength serum - is designed specifically to restore life, hydration and brightness to tired, stressed skin. Enhanced with two power-house and highly concentrated native Australian botanical extracts – Fingerlime Caviar & Quandong. These two ingredients are loaded with antioxidants, Vitamin C, anti-inflammatory bioflavonoids, Vitamin E and phenolic acids. Both work in harmony to reveal fresh, youthful, radiant skin.
5. Incorporate active, targeted ingredients for anti-aging effects - We love to boost our anti-aging routine with the addition of POW - a powerful, age-defying Coenzyme Q10, Vitamin C, Niacinamide (Vitamin B ) & Malic Acid.
This superpower dust enhances your skincare with an instant boost of potent bio-actives. With more than 90% pure and natural Coenzyme Q10 powder (made via natural fermentation) - this critical antioxidant will help keep your skin looking youthful for longer, by assisting with collagen production.
When mixed with the Dream Serum L’Orange, it will carry active serum ingredients deeper into the dermis. Its unique, dry formulation ensures these active ingredients are fully skin stable and at their most effective state when mixed into the serum.
You can find these two as part of our Standalone Ageless Routine.
6. Stimulate collagen production and cell turnover with the use of a natural retinol alternative.
Bounce is our 1% Bakuciol retinol alternative, part of our Ageless Routine. Offering similar benefits as retinol, but without the dryness, and skin irritation, bakuchiol is the ultimate wrinkle-busting addition to your skincare routine.
This 100% natural oil delivers a high potency dose of Bakuchiol to the skin. This revolutionary, natural, anti-aging skincare agent is loaded with vitamin A – stimulating collagen production to dramatically plump and firm – creating skin that’s more elastic and youthful-looking.
We've combined this with our hand-infused Kakadu Plum oil. Loaded with Vitamin C, it's the perfect engine to deliver the invigorating effects of the Bakuchiol deep into the layers of your skin.
7. Swap to a facial oil in the morning - As we mentioned above, as your skin matures, natural oil production can decrease. Daily exposure to harmful UV rays further compromises its ability to retain moisture, leaving skin looking dehydrated and lacklustre - and that’s where a facial oil comes in.
You can use an oil to give your complexion an extra dose of nourishment and help lock in moisture. Use a lightweight, non-greasy facial oil that absorbs quickly, like our Layer Once - Nourishing Oil. Don’t forget your neck and decolletage.
8. Use a hydrating face mist - Your skin needs all the hydration it can get as it ages and loses its ability to retain it’s own natural moisture. With the use of a facial mist, that will not only help to carry the active ingredients of your skincare routine deep into your skin, but it will also help to seal in the moisture. Plus, take your facial mist with you and spritz your face throughout the day whenever you need! We love the Cushion Hydro Essence, packed full of ultra-hydrating plant essences. This is the final step in our Standalone Ageless Routine.
9. Finally, consider incorporating a face roller into your routine - While it is by no means a miracle anti-aging tool, a jade roller to massage the skin will stimulate circulation in your face, so you can plump up and lessen the appearance of fine lines. Additionally, using a jade roller after applying other products may help enhance the penetration of active ingredients into the skin.